Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Little miracle!

Ok, so it's been a very eventful week - and my little nephew has definitely been on his own time schedule! I was up here in L.A. all weekend with my sister, hoping that she would go into labor, but nothing happened! So Monday I drove back to San Diego in order to make it to our book release party (more on that later). And yep, sure enough, late that night I got the phone call that it was time! So I headed back up to L.A. once again, and after many hours of labor, last night, the doctors decided they wanted to do a c-section to get that little guy out.

What a surreal experience! I felt like I was in the midst of an episode of ER, putting on my blue scrubs and mask... scrubbing up with iodine... and entering the operating room to watch the doctors bring my nephew out into the world! The c-section was a very interesting thing to watch... and mere words can't even begin to describe what it's like to see a new little human life begin. Needless to say, I feel incredibly honored that I was able to see my nephew's birth last night!!! And it was so much fun to document the experience with photos. (Although through all of my tears, it's a wonder that I was able to get even one shot!) Here are a few of my favorites...
*Note: friends and family, if you want to see some more photos of Brody, check out this blog we started....

7 comments:

kymberli q. said...

Hi Kimberlee,

Stumbled upon your blog via Jasmine Star's... just wanted to say that these photos are so beautiful and PRICELESS! Great captures and I'm sure your family (and your little nephew) will treasure these always! Just beautiful!!

cathy said...

Congratulations on the birth of your nephew. He is gorgeous.

Enjoy him! You captured such emotion through your photos (even through your tears!)

Take care,

Cathy

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

absolutely precious images kimberlee. congrats and many blessings to your sister and your family. welcome little guy!

CAITLIN said...

I love that our family just keeps expanding! With the pain of this last year, what a beautiful way to start 2008. Can't wait to see little Brody. All my love to Kel & Co!

Kimberlee West said...

Thanks for the kind words, everyone! It's SO much fun being an aunt! :) Cait, amen! What a way to start the new year. Leaving old things behind, looking forward to new beginnings. Love you!

Leah said...

love the last one, great composition on it.

Your work is beautiful!

Ben+Amanda Sheppard said...

Love these pictures! Soo adorable, and what amazing moment, you captured those memories SOOO great. I think i want you to be there for me when it comes to that time! :)

Beautiful Job!