Friday, May 2, 2008

The Package Has Arrived

Kimee made it to Zambia! In case you are starting to think she has taken to speaking in the third person, this is her uber-fabulous and humble cousin in my first attempt at "guest blogging".

I love this girl. She was waiting at the hotel for me once I had finished a conference, and we were eating orange chicken and sipping red wine within the first hour! And I haven't even touched on the enormous amounts of American goodies she had stowed away in her bag. I need to insert a "Thanks grandma" here too! When she returns you will need to ask her about the chaos she faced in London when they told her she could only check one bag. The check-in guy at Heathrow had little faith in her abilities to cram super-sized bags of Starburst into small compartments, but she really showed him. Oh, He of little faith.

So far we have only stopped talking to sleep, and it is so fun to speak English! Kimee advised me on her arrival that she knew she had been alone in London too long because she was talking to herself in a British accent. I love it! We spent today on the bus, laying by the pool, and buying fruit off of women's heads. I highly recommend doing all of those things as soon as you can!

Tomorrow we are off on a little real life Jungle Cruise...this time the hippos are really real, Stacy! We are doing a full day canoe trip down the Zambezi River, should be a wonderful time.

Unfortunately we aren't able to upload any photos yet, but they will be coming! Keep checking back for more adventures from C and K! Check out Kimee's perspective of the trip so far here!

No comments: