Saturday, May 3, 2008

ooh, aah, what an adventure....

...here on the jungle cruise! First of all, I have to say that I'm loving Zambia! And a big thanks to my cousin Caitlin for taking over my blog yesterday. Ok so let me explain her comment about the Jungle Cruise. On an infamous family trip to Disneyland back in the '80s, Cait and I told our poor younger cousin Stacy that the hippos were real, and that they were going to attack our boat (I know, so mean, right?) Well today we had some major payback for that meanness. Let's just say that we thought we were signing up for a calm and peaceful canoe ride down a calm and peaceful river. Not so. My cousin did an amazing job of explaining our entire experience on her blog - check it out here. We've spent the last few days in Livingston; it's been amazing! Tonight we're going to watch the sun setting over one of the 7 Natural Wonders of the World, and then we'll be heading back to Caitlin's village tomorrow. It's been so fun to see all the "tourist-y" things in Zambia, but I'm also very excited to see what Cait's life has been like in her rural village. She promises she's going to teach me to carry water on my head and cook over her little fire (can't wait!) She also says she's going to make me kill and pluck a chicken (no thanks!) I've got tons of pictures to share but it'll be a while until I have a chance to upload them. I promise I'll post some soon!

1 comment:

Lisa Robbins said...

Cannot WAIT to see the pics! So glad you are having the time of your life!
xoxo