Thursday, June 12, 2008

Father's Day Gift

If your dad is like my dad, shopping for holidays is one of the hardest things in the world. What do you get for the guy who says he doesn't need or want anything (and he really means it!)? I think I've gotten him a new book for every birthday, Father's Day, and Christmas for the past ten years or so. This year, I'm doing something a little different - I'm making a donation to a non-profit organization in his honor. For a long time, my heart has been completely burdened with the issue of child sexual exploitation, and I always love supporting organizations that are combating this problem. I feel so blessed, that I was able to grow up in the most safe and loving home ever. My daddy was always there to protect me, and it just breaks my heart to know that there are children out there who have never experienced this kind of love and protection. This organization (Love 146) is one I've been following for years - and for Father's Day, they're offering these awesome e-cards that you can send as a gift to your dad.

If you're stumped and want to get something new for your dad this year, check out these e-cards (click on the image below). Dad- I know you and mom are my number one blog followers (probably the only ones, actually!) - so now it's no surprise as to what you're getting this Sunday. :) Wish I could spend the day with you, but I'll see you in a few weeks! I love you so much!

No comments: