Monday, October 22, 2007

Fires in the SD area

The smell of smoke has been very strong all day today, the sky a hazy red color, the traffic backed up on several freeways around San Diego as thousands of people are being evacuated from their homes. Thankfully, I'm not near the fires this time... but I do know what it's like to have to pack up and leave quickly (4 years ago during the Cedar fire in SD- how difficult is it to choose what you're going to bring with you and what you're going to leave behind?!?). I also know what it's like to lose everything in a moment (my house burned down when I was in 3rd grade). So to all of the families who are evacuating from their homes right now... and to those people who have lost their homes in these fires... I'm so sorry... my prayers are with you.

No comments: