Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Kindred Spirits

"Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: 'What! You, too? I thought I was the only one.'"
-C.S. Lewis

I just wanted to take a moment to say "thanks!" to my dear friend Lisa Robbins. Lisa and I are on a similar journey right now (called “starting your own photography business”), and it has been SO much fun to have a friend to relate to during this process! I met Lisa a few years ago; she actually married one of my good friends from Junior High/High School days (you picked a great gal, Zach!) :) I still remember the day when I told Lisa about my [secret] dream to pursue photography as a career. And instead of the typical response that I usually received when I revealed this crazy idea, I was shocked when she said: “Really? Me, too! I actually already have a few weddings booked for this year!” An immediate friendship was born in that instant.

I can’t tell you how awesome it is to be able to call Lisa up and just be completely honest and say something like “oh my gosh, I feel like I don’t know what the heck I’m doing!” ... to talk about pricing and marketing and blogging... to discuss exposure & histograms & Camera Raw settings & PS Actions... to go to conferences & industry parties together... to brainstorm ideas of how to integrate a new business into our already crazy-busy schedules... and more than anything, to just encourage each other and challenge each other in this exciting new season of our lives. Leese, I’m so thankful that we get to walk through this together- it’s so much fun, and I’m excited to see what’s ahead for each of us! (Also, congrats on the launch of your NEW WEBSITE!!!)

Here are a few photos of us having a little too much fun in the foto cabina at the L.A. Pictage Partner Con...

1 comment:

Lisa Robbins said...

You are simply the best, sweet friend. Thank you!