Saturday, October 20, 2007

My Anchors

Some of you who know me will know that this past year has been by FAR the most difficult year of my life. Some of the things I've gone through... well, let's just say that I would never want to experience those things again. :) And yet, through it all, I'm also extremely thankful for this year. I have learned SO much about myself, and even more about my faith in God. A few months ago, a wise friend/mentor gave me some wonderful advice: she told me to "cling to my anchors." When I asked what she meant, she explained that we all need to have anchors in our life- things that we can hold onto when life gets hard. If we don't have any anchors in our life, we will be tossed around with every hardship that may come along. I took a few weeks to mull this over, and I came up with the following anchors for my life:

1- God is good, & he's always faithful.
2- God's love is perfect, and it will NEVER change.
3- I can trust Him and rely on Him no matter what is happening in my life.

These are my anchors. Storms in life are inevitable, but I know that I will always be able to cling to these things that I know to be true. I would challenge and encourage you all to think about what anchors you may have in your life. PS- check back tomorrow to see a pic of my new tattoo... (this post is prefacing what my tattoo is all about).

2 comments:

Jasmine said...

Great post!! And, yes, God is SO good.
xoxo...

rmjones911 said...

Can't wait to see the tat! Miss you cousin- hang in there.

Love,

Ry