Thursday, December 27, 2007

My Zambia Dream

Since my interview on blu, I've received a few emails from people wondering why a plane ticket to Zambia is on my wishlist. Well, in the spring of '08, I'm hoping to take a trip to visit my cousin Caitlin in Zambia! Catie is in the peace corps, and I'm so excited to join her and live with her for a few weeks, getting a small taste of what her life has been like for the past year and a half. It's a huge dream of mine... I've been working like crazy, saving up to buy my plane ticket, and then I also got a sweet bonus from my great bosses at Boucher Photography ... so my dream is starting to look like a reality! :) My cousin and I have shared so many experiences together throughout the past twenty-odd years... eating under our picnic table-turned-tent/imagination wonderland... creating endless dance performances in the garage and synchronized swimming routines in her backyard pool... building drip sandcastles at the beach... borrowing each other's clothes... and then we even shared the whole college experience together when we went to the same school!!! I'm excited to add Zambia to our list of experiences. I love you, Cait! See you in a few months! To read about Caitlin's Zambia adventures, check out her awesome blog! Hope you all had a WONDERFUL Christmas!!! I'm having a blast hanging out w/ my family (they all came to visit me here in SD!)... more on that soon. :) This is a photo my cousin sent me- I love it! Isn't this an amazing image???

6 comments:

Mark Brooke Photographers said...

So So awesome! What a wonderful wish!

Unknown said...

The eyes says it all don't they?
Great Inage!

Melissa Koehler said...

How awesome. I hope your dream comes true!
It is a great image!

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

many blessings to you kimberlee! what a beautiful person you are.

MM said...

Neat wish! My dad was in the Peace Corps and after her spent his 3 years in Ethiopia, he married my mom and moved back there...for 7 more years! I've wanted to go to Africa since I was a little girl! Someday...

Awesome shot that she took!

MM said...

Neat wish! My dad was in the Peace Corps and after her spent his 3 years in Ethiopia, he married my mom and moved back there...for 7 more years! I've wanted to go to Africa since I was a little girl! Someday...

Awesome shot that she took!