Monday, January 7, 2008

Misc. Monday

I love so many things! I love music, art, & fashion... I love traveling, meeting new people, and trying to learn new languages... I love hearing about people who are fighting against injustices around the world. I love snuggling up to read a good book when it's pouring rain outside... or blasting my favorite song on my ipod and singing as loud as possible (as long as nobody is within earshot). Anyway, absolutely no point to the above rambling sentences. Just a few random thoughts on this Monday evening.

Here are a few of the miscellaneous things that have inspired me recently...
1) Awesome Music: Like "In My Arms" by Plumb (amazing!) [Click here to listen!]
Also- "Invasion" by Eisley (love them!) [Click here to listen!]

2) Gorgeous Clothing: I watched "The Atonement" this weekend, and I have to say that I am absolutely smitten! Seriously. I have fallen head-over-heels in love (ok maybe it's infatuation)... with the green dress that Kiera Knightly gets to wear in this film. It's so gorgeous!

3) Socially-proactive businesses: Development projects that are more than just "projects" ... instead, they are truly PEOPLE-focused, making a direct impact in the communities and individual lives of the people they interact with. Like Acholi Beads and Tamar Cards.

4) Other Photographers: Like this awesome gal, Esther, whose website I just happened to come across today. What an inspiration (especially because I really want to be able to use photography for nonprofit/travel work more in the future!) Seeing her website has challenged me to really get going with editing and posting some of my images from the time I spent in Asia.

5 comments:

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

wow, great post kimberlee. can't wait to see those asia images!

Unknown said...

I love Eisley too... very ethereal. :)

Melissa Koehler said...

Plumb is one of the groups we listen to here too. I love that song!!!! Thanks for the post

James said...

Thanks for the shout out for Acholi Beads! Also, check out kminorphotography.com for more nonprofit photography. I met Kristen in Uganda when she was shooting for Invisible Children. Wonderful photographer and person.

jess.padilla said...

Who doesn't love Eisley!?!? Gotta love my fellow Texans! Atonement was amazing and I, too, want that dress... BTW Your work is fabulous!