Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Books & Music

This past week I started slowing down my pace of life just a bit. I took 2 days off and did NO work whatsoever. Let me just say, it was heavenly! I finally started reading a few books again, and it was wonderful to reconnect with something I love doing (but haven't taken the time to do). So here are a few books that are on my bookshelf right now (some recently finished, some are in line to be read next). Velvet Elvis | Blue Like Jazz | Redeeming Love | Rich Dad Poor Dad | Legal Guide for Small Business

And, on another note, as many of you know, working in front of a computer screen all day long can start to get a little tedious. Thankfully I get to work most days w/ some friends up at the Woman Captured office, so we get to chat and laugh as we're imaging photos. For me, as I assume is true for many of you, music is a central component to getting through the day whilst sitting in front of a computer. And so I have to make new playlists constantly. Here are a few songs I just added to the playlist I'm listening to at the moment... (no rhyme or reason to my choices - just a few of the songs I felt like listening to today!)

"New Soul" Yael Naim | "100 Round The Bends" Missy Higgins | "Tymps" Fiona Apple | "Mr. Brightside" The Killers
"Almost Lover" A Fine Frenzy | "Jenny Don't Be Hasty" Paolo Nutini | "Hallelujah" Paramore | "Foolish Friendless Cause" Melissa Vaughan
"Take Me Out" Franz Ferdinand | "In Love With A Girl" Gavin Degraw | "To Zion" Lauryn Hill | "Speeding Cars" Imogen Heap

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Blue Like Jazz - definitely in my top 5 favorite books ever! And Velvet Elvis is on my "to read" list!

Good luck at WPPI; maybe I'll meet you there next year :)

Unknown said...

Great playlist! :)