Monday, April 28, 2008

Harper Lane

Two and a half years ago, my best friend Erin had her first baby exactly two days after I left the country for 2 months. I kept telling her she needed to have that baby before I left, but I guess Mr. Luke just wasn't keen on keeping with my traveling schedule. Well for some reason, my overseas trips seem to coincide perfectly with Erin's due dates! This whole past week, I've been hanging out with her and her family in San Clemente, hoping and praying that she would go into labor before I leave for Africa. After several days of waiting, I finally gave up hope yesterday and drove back to San Diego, my heart breaking knowing that yet again, I was going to miss seeing this new baby. But my prayers must've been heard ;) because today, my dear friend Erin gave birth to a healthy, beautiful baby girl named Harper Lane. Although I wasn't able to drive fast enough to see the birth, I did get to meet her - and for that, I'm very thankful! Congratulations, Erin and Jake (and big brother Luke!) Love you guys.

And here she is! Meet miss Harper Lane. On another note, it is 3am and I'm leaving in just a few hours! In an attempt to beat jet lag, I'm staying up so that I'll be able to sleep on the plane. Stopping for a day in London to explore the city... then on to Zambia!

*EDIT* - Click here to view a slideshow of images

5 comments:

Haley Lamb said...

hi kimberlee! so, i've been following your blog for a little while and love your photography and your heart! okay, really random....but, my day job is a first grade teacher at a private christian school. So every week one student in my class picks a diff. country to pray over for the week....this week, one little girl picked ZAMBIA! i thought of your up-coming adventure :)

Kimberlee West said...

Haley, you're so sweet- and praying for Zambia, that's awesome! Thanks for leaving a comment! :)

Lisa Robbins said...

BEAU-TI-FUL!! This little love is so precious.

Anonymous said...

Haley, I am so impressed with your work. You truly have a gift. The beautiful baby Haper is another gift just in time for Mother's day. I wish you well on your trip and I will pass on your email to my sister who is A Mother, and wedding planner in mANHATTAN bEACH, mARY dANN. kEEP UP THE GOOD WORK AND GOD bLESS!

Anonymous said...

I am so impressed with your work. You truly have a gift. The beautiful baby Haper is another gift just in time for Mother's day. I wish you well on your trip and I will pass on your email to my sister who is A Mother, and wedding planner in mANHATTAN bEACH, mARY dANN. kEEP UP THE GOOD WORK AND GOD bLESS!