Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Mind the Gap

This is my first time in London, and I'm absolutely in love! Even though I've only been here for half a day, I'm already smitten. The tube, the double-decker red buses, the gorgeous green fields, old buildings, gardens, museums - it's all I was expecting, and then some. There's nothing more exhilerating than exploring a new city by yourself, with no plans and no itinerary. I'm just hopping on buses and going for a ride, not knowing exactly where they'll take me. So far I think I've seen most of the big "tourist-y" stuff, like Big Ben and the changing of the guards at Buckingham Palace, and now I'm trying to get to some of the back streets of the city to explore a little bit more. So much fun! (If you've never been to London - this is the warning every time the doors open or close on the "tube" - underground subway). Pretty amusing to hear it over and over all day long. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim. This is so fantastic!! I can't believe you are touring London by yourself. You're having the time of your life I'm sure. Enjoy every moment and I'm sure without a doubt you are taking pics of everything. Stay safe. I love you!!! angel