Monday, April 21, 2008

Packing List

In less than a week, I'll be on a plane, headed to Africa! I absolutely love pulling out my travel stuff; passport, backpack, etc... my heart is jumping with excitement! A few of the "essentials" I'll be squeezing into my pack:
-My trusty Rainbows (they've been w/ me to seven countries so far...)
-Deet (don't you just love that stuff?)
-Magazines (my cousin requested some gossip mags so that she can stay up-to-date w/ all of the important celebrity stuff happening here in the States!) :)
-Headlamp (I heard a rumor that there are local bats living in the village bathroom hut I'll be using, so I'm gonna have to use my headlamp to scare them off in the middle of the night... those of you who know me will know that this freaks me out even more than the possibility of seeing snakes!)
-S'mores ingredients (apparently they've been a huge hit w/ the kids in the village where Cait is living; check out the story here).
-The pink chitange Cait gave me (haven't used it here, but I hear I'll be using it almost every day - my choice of a skirt, towel, or head wrap!)

I'm going to be very busy this week, finishing up some projects, uploading some shoots, and packing for my trip - so to anyone who contacts me - I apologize ahead of time for my slow response time; it's probably going to take a few days for me to get back to you! And then I'll have VERY limited email access starting April 28th through the end of May. I'll try to upload a few pics and some updates about my time hanging out in Zambia, but I'm not sure how often I'll have internet access. I'll give more updates at the end of May, though, so check back then. Thanks! -Kimberlee

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a safe trip! I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!

Anonymous said...

Wahoo, Africa! Wait. What did I miss? Are you shooting in Africa or is this a vacation trip? Sorry, I'm so behind on stalking your blog! ;)

Kimberlee West said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Haley Lamb said...

amazing! i can't wait to see all your pictures! Africa is my dream :)

Nicole Liebgott Photography said...

Have a safe trip and don't forget to take lots of pictures