Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Plans & Dreams

So many exciting things are happening... I almost don't even know where to begin. In a previous post, I mentioned that there are going to be a lot of changes coming up for me this year. At times I don't feel 100% ready for all that is in front of me (it can be a little overwhelming!) However, I am also completely stoked about everything that's been happening. Here are a few of the exciting things coming up in the next few months:

1) Book sales & Boudoir Education:
Marissa and I had no idea our Boudoir Training Guide was going to sell so quickly! We definitely knew that we had a great product to offer photographers, but we were quite surprised at how fast the word has spread. When we completely sold out of our first shipment of books (in just a few weeks), we knew that things were about to get crazy. :) We've also got a few speaking engagements coming up in the next year, plus we're offering some boudoir workshops for professional photographers... so much fun! 2) New business plan & goals:
WPPI was awesome. I came away with tons of ideas and information spinning around in my head, and since then, I've really taken the time to sit down and prioritize my goals. One thing that struck me while at WPPI was the encouragement to shoot what you love. So, after some soul-searching, I've come up with a mission statement for myself, and I've got a lot of exciting plans for my business. The thing I'm most excited about is my decision to focus on a few personal photography projects that I am passionate about. More to come on that later... 3) Moving to a new city:
I'm moving! Ok, so it's only an hour away from where I live right now, so it's not really a big deal. But I'm so excited to start my new business in a new place. San Clemente is an amazing city, and I can't wait to get up there! I've got an amazing STUDIO space lined up, and I can't wait until the grand opening. So exciting!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you! San Clemente is an awesome place, i love it there! Can't wait to see your new studio!

Melissa Koehler said...

How exciting for you!
Congratulations on the new studio! I can't wait to see it!!

Unknown said...

What an exciting time for you! :)

Jen said...

I'm so excited for you! So much going on! I'm just sad that you won't be opening a studio in TX :(