Thursday, June 5, 2008

Such a great day.

Local coffee shop -- perfect for good conversation with a friend. A bench at the beach -- perfect for sitting, reading, and people-watching. Thrift store full of funky furniture -- perfect for treasure-hunting for my studio. Nothing necessarily spectacular or particularly interesting, I know, but it was just a great day. Since coming home from Africa, I'm doing my best to bring a little bit of "village life" back to my life here in America. Not so much the carry water on your head/start your own fire/pee in a hole type of life. But the laid-back, slow-moving, taking time away for yourself, stopping to spend time with God, and with people you love-kind-of-life. That is one of the things that I appreciated the most about my month in Africa, and it's something I'm trying to incorporate here. So in the midst of shoots and editing photos and networking and all of those things that come along with starting a business... I also want to be making a conscious effort to slow down and just enjoy life. So right now I'm off to make some guacamole and enjoy the sunset from my roof. I encourage you all to take a little time to slow down your pace of life - it's so refreshing (and fun!) PS- this book is amazing!

4 comments:

CAITLIN said...

K-So glad you are incorporating a little Chifusa in your life! Miss you here. Watched the sunset on the Zambezi last night while sipping wine and chasing off monkeys. Thought of you! Love you much, Me

Unknown said...

These photos make me want to go to the beach.

Haley Lamb said...

very encouraging! so, please please, post more of your pictures from Zambia! :):)

Kimberlee West said...

haley- i know! i SO need to! i promise i will post some next week (waiting on something exciting to happen first)... thanks for the note! :)