Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Mud Run

Four days later, and the dried-up mud is still stubbornly clinging to the bottom of my running shoes. I still have a few lingering bruises, but my muscles are (finally!) no longer screaming at me with every move I make. I didn’t care, though- it was all worth it! I completed the Camp Pendleton 10K Mud Run! This is not just your average 10K. We’re talking crossing rivers, belly-crawling through mud, scaling over 5-foot walls, and running up the steepest hill I’ve EVER seen (they don’t call it “suicide hill” for nothing!).

This was my first 10K, and even though it was very challenging, it was also tons of fun! I ran this one as part of a team, meaning we all had to cross the finish line together. What an amazing feeling! Cheering each other on, pushing each other to run faster and to not give up... it created such a spirit of camaraderie, I don’t think I’ve felt this way since playing soccer in college.

5K? -Check. 10K? -Check. Next up? A half marathon within 4 months, and then a MARATHON sometime this next year! Wow, actually writing down my goals makes them seem more real. :)

4 comments:

Ann said...

Wow! Kimee! You go girl! Let me know when you do the half marathon so I can come cheer you on!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

impressive!!! congrats :)

Rodolfo Arpia said...

Sweet!
You're my new hero!